Updated: August 11, 2021
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
HoTP, on its own or through third parties or agents, may collect and use personal information, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name, email, address, and telephone number;
- Information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website, mailing list, blog, or any other extension of this website;
- Information relevant to transactions, including credit/debit card and shipping information for order fulfillment, conducted over this website;
- Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to communications;
- Purchase interest and purchase history information.
HoTP may information that your Internet browser sends whenever you visit or use this site. This may include your Internet protocol address, your Internet service provider, browser information including your referring and exit pages, your operating system, which pages you visit on HoTP's website, the time and date of your visit and use of HoTP's pages, and additional statistical information.
In addition, HoTP collects on its own, and employs third parties and third-party
technology to assist with, transactions, marketing, and analytics. HoTP and
these third parties collect information that is shared with HoTP regarding
your interests and purchase behavior, including what you have liked and clicked
on HoTP's website, and whether you have completed or abandoned a corresponding
HoTP does not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 18. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the online services used by their children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under 18 has provided us with information without his or her consent, he or she should contact us. As required by law, we will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
HoTP may use your personal information to:
- Administer this website.
- Personalize the website for you.
- Enable your access to use the website and its services.
- Conduct transactions and send you products that you purchase.
- Process payments and fulfill purchase requests.
- Send you statements and invoices.
- Send you promotional and marketing communications, including our newsletter, direct mail, and direct email, and process promotions, surveys, contests, and sweepstakes, and related prizes or incentives; and contact you.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We do not engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Via our processor Shopify, your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address below.
For sales transactions, HoTP may collect payment information, including credit/debit card information, checking account information, merchandise/service credit, and billing/shipping information. When you purchase through our website or over the phone, we collect information related to each transaction, including what products/services you purchased or did not purchase, the price paid, your method of payment, and any promotional information related to the transaction. Additionally, we collect order information for the purpose of better targeting our advertising and promotions for you.
SECURING YOUR DATA
HoTP will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, disclosure, or alteration of your personal information. While HoTP will employ reasonable security practices to protect your information, no method of storage or electronic transmission is 100% secure, and as such, HoTP cannot guarantee absolute security of any information you have provided.
PRIVACY RIGHTS OF NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
This website contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by HoTP. HoTP is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any other such websites and encourages you to review the privacy policies of those websites. This includes, but is not limited to, social media and product distribution sites (e.g., Amazon, Shopify, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), which are not affiliated with HoTP.